Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ballroom Dancing Helps Dementia and Alzheimer's Patients


Can ballroom dance prevent Alzheimer's disease? According to the research, it may help. Studies indicate that ballroom dancing and other stimulating activities may lower the risk of cognitive decline. More importantly, they greatly enhance quality of life, which is something that dementia steals from Alzheimer's patients and their families.
Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) reports that 35.6 million people worldwide have some type of dementia. This number is expected to triple by 2050. Alzheimer's disease (AD), a debilitating brain disease, is the most common form of dementia. Not only does it cause memory problems, but it also affects thinking, behavior and personality.
While the risk of Alzheimer's disease increases with age, it is not "old timer's disease" or "old age senility" as some people call it. It is not a normal part of aging at all, and it can affect people as young as their 30s and 40s. AD robs people of their whole essence, ravishing both the mind and body. The degenerative disease is a terminal illness with no cure.
Can this dreaded disease be prevented? This question is one that intrigues doctors, scientists and researchers, and there are no clear-cut answers. The Alzheimer's Association and other groups continue to fund research on the development and progress of dementia. This is where ballroom dancing and other leisure activities come in.

2 comments:

  1. While Alzheimer's patients suffer from increasing short-term memory loss, they often still retain much of their long-term memory. One of the best ways to engage with Alzheimer's sufferers in the early to middle stages is to ask them to tell you stories from their past. It is enjoyable and calming for them and usually very interesting for the listener.

    Alzheimer’s clinic Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Alzheimer) for the past 3 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR.Iyabiyetayese helped someone in curing his Alzheimer disease, quickly I copied his email which is doctoriyabiyetayese@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on doctoriyabiyetayese@gmail.com or you call him on (+2348169909821).









    ReplyDelete